Saturday, March 21, 2009

fanfic

So I recently discovered fanfiction. I read a book, originally published in 1855. I didn’t think the ending was enough, I wanted more, we’d been talking about fanfiction in my class so I googled book title fanfic. Because of course, in the ‘scene’ its fanfic not fanfiction. Fanfiction.net is amazing. The amount of time spent reading and thinking about the characters to try to write an accurate depiction. Some of the brutal honesty when the depiction is not accurate in the comments, it’s all astounding. This is what some people do for fun, and they enjoy it. While I, lurk. So, the moral of my story is, if you ever thought a story didn’t go far enough, check out fanfiction.net. Make sure to check the rating, some stories are rather graphic. Some pair characters in unexpected ways, some just tell the story of barely seen characters. It’s a great way to continue a book, and think about what you would do next with the characters.

No comments: